Skip to main content

Two Poems - Dona Ana The Artist





Apple Cider


His drunk fucking breath poured ove' my mouth.

I wished he would pour some whiskey in it.

It was like romance could play every tune on my body.

All the importance and his love had run into the darkest corner of my heart


It was a matter of time that the smell of my cunt would overpower his whiskey.

It did

Only this time it smelt like Apple Cider.

He slept off between my boobs.

Only this time I couldn't push him away.




My Silver Heart

Baleful, Quarrelsome, Strong

Her travel spares to transmogrify

Winners Transom in foresight

Her dreams darned falsetto, succeeded to terrify

Stroppy, Obdurate, Independent

A veil through which she could see

Despair impounded her black

Young, Agile, Fuzzy

Her soul bounteous of rhapsody

For her allegiance with the coltsfoot

She’d spruce up, but not flee

Her lovers demotic and deviant

Deluded her demure soul

O’ What Now? Speak to me

Tender, Confused, Dazzled

He tarnished her with his improbity

Her struggle doles out of breath

What may the sea be today?

With her hearts crude songs temperament

Her tongue frayed and worn out.

Oh! Her struggle doles out of breath.






Mayurika Jain is a Student of Commercial Art. She practices art and enjoys writing her story in the form of poems. She publishes her poems on her blog which goes by the name Dona Ana The Artist. She works to be a published writer.


Popular posts from this blog

A Broken Head(set) - Jesus Rivera

This past summer was like all other suburban summers: short and hot. Short enough so that it came and went and, having not overstayed its welcome, would be welcomed again. Hot enough that little kids cracked eggs on their asphalt driveways, scrambled for a round of hide and go seek, and before the tiny seeker could finish counting to ten and move her hands from her eyes, the yolks were very well done. On both sides.

Three Poems - Scott Laudati

my first night back we were far apart once but you can hear my heart now in this chest, and your hair used to itch my skin if you didn’t tuck it back but you’ll never hear about it again

George Dawkins - Delacroix Late August

After work Jimmy and I walk into a student opening in the Lubalin Gallery. The place is made up like some kind of a southwestern circus with heavy rodeo overtones. Hay covers the hardwood floor and a fake wooden bull hangs from ropes dropped through the opening of a circus tent above as warped calliope music floats throughout the space.